Older Is Better…Right?

May 13, 2019

1. Brett Clark says:

“You learn something out of everything, and you come to realize more than ever that we’re all here for a certain space of time, and, and then it’s going to be over, and you better make this count.” ~Nancy Reagan.
    I have this quote on my desk and your story made me want to share it. You have made such a positive impact on so many. I am proud to call you friend.

• Mindi Epstein says:

My long, lost friend or so it seems! I love Nancy Reagan’s quote and it will be added to my collection. Thank you for sharing it except, of course, I believe that when “it’s going to be over,” it just simply starts up again in another lifetime. But still, we have to make this time count. I’m so glad you’re a part of it.

• Terrie Purdy says:

I am so thrilled for you..you have mentioned writing so often during our (not enough) times together. I can definitely relate to this blog as I am sure so many others are able to connect…I know it’s one of our connecting bonds…this journey is such an adventure of “different things” and that’s the best part..so thrilled you didn’t get that job at Standard Oil, our connection, friendship, yoga, dancing to MC Yogi, most likely, would not have happened..what a void for me that would have been.. keep your passion in the forefront ..

• Mindi Epstein says:

You are FANTASTIC, Terrie – thank you for your love and support. Yes, our paths crossed at such a pivotal time – just a few short weeks after becoming a corporate refugee and so wet behind the ears that I was dripping. It has been an incredibly fun ride together, from MC Yogi to Hamilton, and I love that you are always up for an adventure. I am headed to Asheville without you in a few weeks for rest and clarity. I know it was a trip we had talked about doing. I have a few other ideas we can consider when we are ready to hit the road together….

2. Donna Glavan says:

This was very moving Mindi! Thank you for sharing your story. You are an adventurer true to the heart.

3. Sharon says:

Thank you for sharing bits of your life. I enjoyed your blog.
    I’ve thought about tossing the chemical bottle to see what I have under that artificial color. Maybe some day soon; you give me courage.

• Mindi Epstein says:

You can do it, Sharon! I think you will be pleasantly surprised. It makes life so much easier…and healthier.

4. Treci Mays says:

Thanks for sharing your inspiring story, Mindi!

5. Joanne Moran says:

What a beautiful & inspiring story, Mindi … thank you for sharing your story with us. So blessed to be part of the yoga experience you make possible for so many of us.

• Mindi Epstein says:

Oh, Joanne! Wonderful to hear from you. Thank you for writing a comment. I appreciate you!

6. Barbara Smith says:

I tossed the dye bottle years ago also. No more shoving unknown chemicals onto my head and then wondering if my hair color looked natural. I climbed the corporate ladder at a time women weren’t taken seriously. Finally I realized the satisfaction of becoming a public servant and looking inward through Yoga practice. You don’t need to fit into any certain mold. Age teaches us that…and it is so freeing.

• Mindi Epstein says:

Fantastic, Barbara! Thank you for sharing your story. Like you, I find aging to be liberating.

7. Rhonda Halcomb says:

Wow! Thanks for sharing your story.

8. Sherri Reagin says:

What a beautiful story, Mindi. You are a true inspiration, and gifted in so many areas. I hope to read more of your blogs (and to see you SOON!).

• Mindi Epstein says:

Thank you, Sherri. I appreciate the nudge. Don’t be afraid to keep prodding! I have missed sharing our Saturday mornings together.