This Body of Mine

July 30, 2020

1. Karyn says:

My dear Mindi, what a magnificent piece you have written. I felt myself living in your meaningful words. You are a brilliant author. Keep on keeping on friend, soul sister. I needed your story today…even without knowing, you held my hand, pulled me up and awakened me to what’s “real”. Look forward to more of your mindful thoughts.
    Sending healing hands and love Karyn

• Mindi Epstein says:

Karyn, thank you so much. I always feel you beside me. What a connection we have, yes, soul sister. I hope you are in a good place. Know how much you are loved.

2. laurie says:

I am so moved by this beautiful piece Mindi. It speaks to me in so many ways and the timing is perfect in my own journey to make peace with my body. You are a gifted story teller. Love to you!

• Mindi Epstein says:

Thank you, Laurie. Yes, your body has challenged you this year with Covid, but it didn’t come close to crushing your spirit. You are a light, my friend, and it’s going to take far more than a virus to dampen it.

3. Pili says:

I just allowed myself a dream, a dream of us sitting by a lake surrounded by mountains and forests… a dream where I’m quietly hearing you read this beautiful reflexion out loud. When you finish, we remain there, silent, peacefully sipping our tea… in a little corner of this universe where we can meet at will…
    I like that dream…

• Mindi Epstein says:

Pili, what a beautiful dream and even more, such a touching sentiment. I can envision it too. We will meet again in a warmer, more verdant place than Iceland in October :). Thank you for staying in touch – it means the world to me.

4. Sally says:

Mindi, what an amazing piece. It resonated with me like nothing else has as you know I am not at all “zen”. Thanks to a great start to today!

5. Polly Jones says:

Beautiful reflection, Mindi! Boy I miss seeing your smiling face and hearing your calming voice in yoga practice.

All the love as you (and all of us) navigate these waters,
    Polly

• Mindi Epstein says:

Polly, Miss Polly, so wonderful to read your comment. Thank you for your comment. I hope you are doing well and continuing your yoga practice. Breath work and meditation count!

6. Laura Wilson says:

Mindi, this is beautiful. Your words flow as magically as water, and I felt so refreshed reading this. Thank you for sharing your insights. I think of you every time I see a feather!

7. Wow, how I have missed your beautiful writing. I feel you on the hip front, not yet there but the pain is real! Thank you for continuing to teach how to flow with life.

• Mindi Epstein says:

Thank you so much, Amanda. I am glad you aren’t too far away even though you are far away. I am sorry to hear about your hip. You’ll know when it’s time….the pain will leave you with no doubt.

8. LInda Evans says:

Mindi Dear, you are amazing!!! But I always knew this about you! Yes our bodies do change and it’s an inevitable occurrence. I have not experienced any replacement of my body parts but my body has changed. What is more important to me is the change in my thinking about myself and what I can do to contribute to my world, no matter how small it is with family and friends. Since becoming a widow I love who I’m becoming: my own person who is creating, an artist. it is not a coincident that I love needlework, an art form that I started when our children were toddlers. I get caught up in laying the thread on canvas which has become a form of meditation. You were part of steering me in this direction of creativity years ago as your photographer which I am still doing. For this I thank you and honor your compassion to me when I needed it. My prayer for you is a healing of your body and a continuation of your work in enhancing the spirit of others. This is what you do so brilliantly!

• Mindi Epstein says:

Linda, I am so glad you are doing well and continuing to blossom. I remember those early days of your photography – we grew up a lot together back then. You are truly an artist in your own right and I am so glad you have continued to point your camera in so many interesting directions. Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I think we join a whole chorus of other women all over the world who are coming into their own. I love being a part of it – I witness it and feel it all around me. Keep on shining and snapping and stitching! Much love to you.

9. Heather says:

What amazing perspective. LOVED this!!

10. Kathy says:

Mindi,
    I just reread this piece at the most perfect time. After months of aches and pains, I just today came to the realization that this is my new normal. I’m not sure I’ve completely accepted it yet, but I did make the realization today. Your message, so eloquently delivered, was just what I needed to keep things in perspective.
    I also felt I could hear your calming, confident voice delivering your message as I read it.

• Mindi Epstein says:

Kathy, thank you so much for your comment. I am so sorry to learn that pain is your “new normal.” It doesn’t have to be. Our bodies talk to us and pain helps us understand where there may be energy blockages and emotional issues stored in the tissues. This is definitely worth exploring. Trust me, that my right hip needed to be replaced – the leg I step forward with – contains a message I am still making my peace with. Be well – in body, mind and spirit.